Working with these cities, BAWSCA is offering rebates of up to $100 per toilet to residential and commercial customers who purchase and install high-efficiency toilets (HET) this year. Participating cities include:
- Brisbane/Guadalupe Valley Municipal Improvement District (415) 508-2130 www.ci.brisbane.ca.us
- City of Burlingame (650) 558-7230 www.burlingame.org
- Coastside County Water District (650) 726-4405 www.coastsidewater.org
- Daly City (650) 991-8203 www.dalycity.org
- Foster City/Estero Municipal Improvement District (650) 286-8140 www.fostercity.org *** Foster City is providing its customers with an additional $50 to the program rebate amount.
- City of Menlo Park (650) 330-6740 www.menlopark.org
- Mid Peninsula Water District (650) 591-8941 www.midpeninsulawater.org
- City of Millbrae (650) 259-2348 www.ci.millbrae.ca.us
- Redwood City (650) 780-7436 www.redwoodcity.org/conservation
- City of San Bruno (650) 616-7162 www.sanbruno.ca.gov
- Westborough Water District (650) 589-1435 www.westboroughwater.com
California Water Service Company customers: Visit Cal Water website for program information
HETs are modern, water-efficient toilets that are designed to use 1.3 gallons per flush (GPF) or less. Although they use up to 62% less water than older toilets, they perform well and remove waste efficiently. By replacing an old, high-water use toilet with a brand new HET, local residents and businesses can go “green” by saving a lot of water, while at the same time saving up to $100 on the cost of an HET and saving money on their water and sewer bills.
The BAWSCA HET rebate is available when an existing toilet that uses 3.5 GPF or more is replaced with a qualifying HET that uses 1.3 GPF or less.
- Click here for a List of Qualifying HETs. Toilets must be purchased between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Other restrictions apply.
- All of the BAWSCA HET rebate program details and a List of Qualifying HETs are available here or by calling 650-349-3000. Rebate applications are also available here or at local retail stores and from participating member agencies.