Please see the volunteer page for other ways to get involved.
Administrator Job Opportunity (view or save as a PDF)
The Administrator will work closely with and under the supervision of the Executive Director in our San Mateo office. They are responsible for maintaining an organized and efficient office for SSMC and performing the day-to-day clerical duties. This position is a great opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in the sustainability field in a professional, well respected non profit.
1) Event Planning:
- Support for the Awards Event, Indicators Launch and other public events
- Manage and maintain attendee lists, coordinate mailings
- Help develop promotional materials and strategies
2) Membership and Communications:
- Actively expand SSMC’s individual membership program
- Maintain the SSMC website, and community calendar
- Manage social media interactions on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Create and send email newsletters using Constant Contact
3) Finance and Compliance:
- Ensure sound maintenance of essential financial, legal, and personnel records.
- Ensure sufficient documentation and reporting to required funding and compliance organizations. Ensure compliance with by-laws and all federal and state regulations.
- Maintain the SSMC database in Salesforce CRM
- Write, edit and mail letters to SSMC sponsors and community
- Take minutes at Board meeting and Committee meetings
- Respond to various email and phone inquiries from public
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for sustainability and commitment to Sustainable San Mateo County’s goals
- Education: Degree in Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Political Science, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or a related degree
- Minimum 2-4 years office experience
- Self-motivated, responsible and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, media relations experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Event planning experience preferred
- Web/Computer savvy essential! MS Office, Internet and social media required; database management, Salesforce.com, WordPress, ConstantContact experience preferred
Hourly rate $15-20 DOE; 30-40 hours/week. The position is funded for one year, its continuation beyond June 30, 2018 is dependent on successful fundraising efforts.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter indicating your fit with the position duties and qualifications to email@example.com with Subject Line: Administrator Application by Friday June 9. No phone calls please.