Send us your best sustainability images, San Mateo County! Enter now through February 10!
Submit entry - Attach your photo and include a description of the photo and where it was taken. Be sure to include your full name and phone number, and send from an email address we can contact.
Since 1992, Sustainable San Mateo County has worked to improve the long-term health of our county’s economy, environment and social equity. Through our annual Indicators Report, we provide fact-based information and educate the community about sustainability. Now it’s your turn to help us show what healthy, sustainable living looks like in San Mateo County by entering SSMC’s Photo Contest! Images shown above are photo contest winners from 2013, 2014 and 2015 contests.
Send us your best pictures for any of these award categories:
- Food Systems: our 2016 Key Indicator! local agriculture, community gardens, farmers markets, harbors, restaurants, composting and more
- Economy: Green businesses and buildings, green energy, jobs
- Environment: open space and trails, healthy waterways, flora and fauna
- Equity: Healthy lifestyle behaviors, education, diverse neighborhoods and areas, thriving downtowns
Up to three (3) Winners will:
- Have your photo(s) on the cover of 2016 Indicators print materials and website
- Win TWO tickets to the Annual Awards Dinner on March 31, 2016 (Click here to learn more about our awards dinner)
Runners-up may have their photo featured inside the Indicators Report or on an SSMC website.
Submit your photo(s) using the form below by February 10, 2016. Winners will be notified by email by February 15, 2016. The submitted photo should be no larger than 2MB, although winners may be requested to provide higher-resolution images for production purposes.
THE IMPORTANT RULES
(1) Each submission consists of one or more digital photos taken in San Mateo County by the entrant, a brief description of each photo, entrant’s first and last name, email, phone number, and city of residence submitted through the online form by February 10, 2016.
(2) At least one and up to three winners will have one or more of their photos featured in part or full on the cover of the 2016 Indicators print materials and/or website AND will receive two tickets each to the Annual Awards Dinner on March 31, 2016. Runners-up may have their photo featured inside the Indicators Report or on an SSMC website. Winners will be notified by February 15, 2016 and will be asked to provide original photo(s) and any model release forms.
THE LEGAL RULES
(3) By entering the contest, entrants agree that they have the rights to the photos and transfer those rights to Sustainable San Mateo County (SSMC). Entrants grant SSMC, its representatives and employees, the absolute right and royalty-free, unrestricted license to publish, copyright, and use, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed for standard SSMC purposes.
(4) For a photo in which a person is recognizable, winners and runners-up must secure a model release form from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to SSMC.
(5) Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. SSMC will not be required to pay consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
(6) Submissions may not contain material that, in the sole discretion of the Judges, violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including copyright, are not eligible.
(7) SSMC reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion.
For more information please write to photos [at] sustainablesanmateo.org
Attach your photo and include a description of the photo and where it was taken. Be sure to include your full name and phone number, and send from an email address we can contact.